Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Maintenance Payments

(5 Posts)
taylorellen Wed 26-Sep-12 13:18:11

My ex had his employer (his dad), change his pay slips to show he had a reduced salary so he didnt have to pay the correct child maintenance. he receives the difference as cash in hand! CSA arent interested in investigating. My ex has now rented out his house and moved in with a lady and her two children. So in theory he has now possibly reduced his outgoings? His new lady works at a very highly paid job and is also receiving child maintenance for her two children from her ex husband. Does anyone think this might mean the child payments he pays me should be looked at again? I would appreciate any replies.

Collaborate Wed 26-Sep-12 13:41:26

They will go down (unless it's the old system - if it's based on a % of his income it's the new system). It will reduce by 20% for the 2 children in his new household.

You could apply to the CSA for a variation due to his lifestyle being inconsistant with income, and deliberate deprivation of income. But then it would reduce by 20% (he'll have to apply for this - won't be automatic) and you'd have to be able to prove it on the balance of probabilities.

taylorellen Wed 26-Sep-12 13:49:14

Thanks, so if i've understood what you've written I could potentially lose more money because he's got two new children in his life?(hes on the new system, % of his salary).

Latemates Wed 26-Sep-12 14:02:54

Collaborate - would the rental from his house be classed as additional income to the CSA? Or would this money be exampt form CSA culculations?

Collaborate Wed 26-Sep-12 14:48:07

Rental income is or should be taken in to account in the first assessment. It's unearned income (which includes dividend income) that isn't taken in to account.

Remember though the rent received is the turnover but not the profit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now