Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

can they do this? Small Claims Court related.

(3 Posts)
DorsetKnob Tue 25-Sep-12 20:28:37

We took a second hand car dealership to small claims last September, and we were finally awarded the case at the end of June afte they failed to respond to any court letters bar the initial response. They were given a month to pay the award and when they didn't the bailiffs were called in. It has taken a while to prove that the second hand cars they have are still not in the ownership of the original owners and once satisfied bailiffs were happy to remove two cars on which they had a levy on to cover costs and award. however last week we had a letter from the court saying that they have been awarded a hearing in November, 3 months after we were awarded the claim.

Is this right?

Ponders Tue 25-Sep-12 20:30:43

I think I would take this to CAB (or a solicitor if you can run to that)

sounds wrong to me, but what do I know confused

DorsetKnob Tue 25-Sep-12 21:09:26

It sounds wrong to me too, the lady who runs the court Bailiffs is a bit hmm about it to. I will get DH to phone CAB tomorrow, I have a friend who is a barrister so will track him down on Saturday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now