Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Clinical negligence solicitor advice please

(4 Posts)
OrangeFlower7 Tue 25-Sep-12 18:04:26

Hi- can anyone help me with some advice about such a solicitor, I would like to go with one nearby who are small and friendly but the larger city one I've been recommended to has accreditation with AVMA and law society which the other does not.

Does anyone know, whether this matters ie would my claim be taken more seriously if I went with the accredited firm? Thanks!

Oh, also the local one seems do help with costs more whereas the bigger one asks for initial payments more eg with expert reports

SpaceCorpsDirective34124 Tue 25-Sep-12 18:10:58

I don't know if it would make a claim be taken more seriously, but I'd go with the one that has the accreditation. And the one that has the best record for winning! (can you find that out? Percentages of cases won, for example. I don't know if you can.)

We went with a big firm (my son received a severe birth injury that left him with a permanent disability due to spectacular incompetence) and they were shit hot.

babybarrister Tue 25-Sep-12 18:18:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OrangeFlower7 Tue 25-Sep-12 21:57:30

Hi thanks for the replies. I've been recommended to JMW. Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now