Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Would you consider this sufficient consent to my childminding at rented property?

(7 Posts)
Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Mon 24-Oct-11 17:18:33

"I confirm the prospective tenants' childminding activities at the property is not an issue"

The landlord's son sent this email to the agent who has said that they will get approval from the landlord himself. If similar wording comes back, would that be sufficienct consent to allow me to run a small business from residential rented property?
Thanks

mumblechum1 Mon 24-Oct-11 17:22:04

I'd want it to be more specific, eg "The Landlord consents to the Tenant carrying on a childminding business at the premises and in the event that this consent ends, will provide 6/8 (whatever) weeks notice of the withdrawal of consent".

Remember also to get public liability insurance.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Mon 24-Oct-11 17:32:40

Thanks, mumblechum. I do have public liability insurance and would not like the landlord to have the right to rescind the consent!! Would put us in a spot. But thanks a million.

mumblechum1 Mon 24-Oct-11 17:33:45

He can rescind it anyway, but you should try to make sure that he gives plenty of notice if he does so.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Mon 24-Oct-11 19:11:34

Yes, of course. Thanks, Mumblechum.

mranchovy Mon 24-Oct-11 22:00:42

> He can rescind it anyway,

Really? I would have thought it would be quite difficult to revoke a consent given in that form.

mumblechum1 Tue 25-Oct-11 08:13:54

It's his house. If the childminding business is impacting negatively on his property (unreasonable wear and tear, for example), he's perfectly entitled to rescind it. It's unlikely that he would rescind, imo, but there should be a mechanism in place that if consent is rescinded the OP has plenty of time to make other arrangements.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now