Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Who can my Dad get to sign his Power of Attorney certificate?

(4 Posts)
Whippet Fri 21-Oct-11 17:20:14

My Dad moved closer to where we live about 5 years ago.

He wants to prepare power of attorney documents, but we can't work out who could sign/authorise the certificate for him?

It has to be someone professional who has known him for at least 2 years.

His solicitor is 350 miles away.
He doesn't really know anyone else, except us - his family.

The GP is a possiblility, but the surgery said it charges £65 shock

The other possibility might be the manager of the sheltered accomodation he lives in, but I know the rules say it can't be the manager of a care home the person is living in, so I wonder if this would be regarded as the same?

Anyone have any ideas/experience please?

mranchovy Sat 22-Oct-11 15:32:03

No, it has to be either a professional or someone that has known him well for two years (but it cannot be a family member or anyone owning, managing or working in his care home).

Download the form and look at part B to see what is involved.

catsareevil Sat 22-Oct-11 15:36:08

£65 from the GP is pretty good value. I expect that a solicitor would charge more than that.

Tanya2011 Sat 22-Oct-11 18:42:07

Have a look at the details on this page :

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now