Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Is anyone here a solictior or the DW/DH/DP of one

(6 Posts)
Saltire Sun 09-Oct-11 13:41:51

Who could answer a couple of questions for me?

ZillionChocolate Sun 09-Oct-11 13:45:05

Why don't you just ask the questions?! It's highly unlikely that every solicitor, much less their partner, could answer every question you might ask, unless it's so general you could find it by googling.

MOSagain Sun 09-Oct-11 14:28:08

Yes, you need to at least say what area of law. Lots of very experienced family lawyers here and a couple of probate but they may not know much about planning applications or company law

Saltire Sun 09-Oct-11 18:58:30

I'm a childmidner and I need some advice - do i need to go to a specialist solicitor who deals with contracts and self employment and civil law or not

MOSagain Sun 09-Oct-11 19:44:46

If its employment you need advice on you should post in the employment topic and ask for advice from Flowery (Mumsnets resident employment expert)
Good luck

STIDW Sun 09-Oct-11 19:57:07

It depends what the issue is and how complicated. Most solicitors know something about contracts and employment. However if you live in Scotland as your name suggests you might, there is a different legal system than from England & Wales although to complicate matters some powers are reserved for the UK. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now