Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Criminal Injury advice please

(3 Posts)
Sailtheseas Mon 03-Oct-11 19:44:50

DP was victim of a random hate crime, unprovoked attack at the weekend. Spent night in hospital, gave extensive police statement, police took lots of pics of injury (20 - 30 stitches on face)

Obviously we want to press charges, and I've looked online also at CICA. The suspects as yet have not been found, but cctv has been obtained from the place.

Anyway, my question is, is it better to go ahead with CICA by ourselves or with a Lawyer, will a lawyer just do the forms that we'll do ourselves and then charge us a fee?

Sailtheseas Tue 04-Oct-11 13:38:18


Any advice or insight greatly appreciated

deeplydepressed Tue 04-Oct-11 21:48:46

This should give you the info you want. Don't bother with solicitors or firms that obtain this for you, its quite uneccesary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now