Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.


(5 Posts)
goinonabearhunt Fri 30-Sep-11 06:13:30

I don't know where to start.

I want to leave my P but I'm worried he'll try to take our DD. We're not living together, and she lives with me. I've always been her main carer, she's a year old. P works several hundred miles away.

What should I do? What are the courts likely to do? Should i apply for residency? And how do i do that?

P has problems with alcohol.

Im really worried he'll just turn up at the childminders and take her.

mumblechum1 Fri 30-Sep-11 06:39:48

Presumably he has parental responsibility, ie he was registered on the birth certificate?

You say you want to leave your partner but that you don't live together anyway? Is that right?

How often does your Partner see your daughter at the moment?

Sorry for barrage of questions.

goinonabearhunt Fri 30-Sep-11 07:05:10

Yes he has parental responsibility. He works/lives away during the week and comes back at the weekend, so he sees her every weekend.

Thank you

babybarrister Fri 30-Sep-11 08:39:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cestlavielife Fri 30-Sep-11 09:43:13

are you in fear of him?
does he ever have sole charge of dd on the weekends?
what evidence of his problems with alcohol do you have?
eg police records after any incidints, GP records, etc?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: