Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

DD wants her Dad to stop calling

(8 Posts)
balia Sat 17-Sep-11 16:34:49

DD (17) has decided she doesn't want any contact with her Dad after an incident discussed here
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/lone_parents/1289667-Ex-has-finally-pushed-DD-too-far

It has been a couple of weeks and she is still of the same mind, but he has started calling her once a day. He's not leaving messages and she isn't answering the calls, but it is upsetting her. I have suggested she calls the police to ask advice, or perhaps get legal advice but really am not very sure if/what can be done.

GypsyMoth Sat 17-Sep-11 16:36:12

Obvious answer is to change number?

balia Sat 17-Sep-11 16:58:48

Have thought of that - or blocking his number - but he also has the house phone, mine and DH's mobiles, my parents house phone, my work number etc etc. Can't change them all. Maybe just blocking the number will send a message, though.

Gonzo33 Sun 18-Sep-11 12:29:10

Would dd texting him and telling him she has nothing to say right now to him have any effect?

balia Mon 19-Sep-11 22:50:52

She is reluctant to engage with him in any way as she feels he will simply see this as encouragement. She has been onto the website of the phone provider but it says they can't block single numbers, just all incoming calls - but I can't think that can be right. However, he has tried calling from other numbers so it seems like this is not the answer. At the moment DD seems clear that the only option is to ignore him so i'll leave that to her. Many thanks for all help.

fivegomadindorset Mon 19-Sep-11 22:59:43

Bumping for you. Your poor DD, I am sure I have read on here of posters blocking individual numbers.

BluddyMoFo Mon 19-Sep-11 23:09:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BluddyMoFo Mon 19-Sep-11 23:11:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now