Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

What's better for the children?

(3 Posts)
battlingobesity Fri 16-Sep-11 15:46:47

Can anyone refer me to any published recommendations about what living arrangements are best for small children (i.e. under 5s) after divorce? Some say it's better for a half and half split while others say that doesn't provide them with stabililty.

STIDW Fri 16-Sep-11 17:16:55

As far as I know there aren't any. With many parenting issues there is no black and white, just people with different attitudes doing different things. There is no one arrangement that suits all families or individual children.

The CAFCASS (try googling) guide "Time For Children" and parenting plans from various sources gives parents ideas of what needs to be considered. Also The Parent Connection has some good tips.

www.theparentconnection.org.uk/separating.aspx

battlingobesity Fri 16-Sep-11 21:31:54

Thanks STIDW. I've come across the parent connection website once before and will take another look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now