Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Parking and dropped curbs?

(3 Posts)
startail Thu 15-Sep-11 12:19:27

Sorry parking by school question.
One of the houses where we park has doubled the width of it's drive, but the drop curb has not been widened. I assume they have no legal right to bounce up the high curb and that I can still park where I often have for the last 10 years?
They obviously think they can, because they have put a car on bricks on the easily assessable half.

BedHog Thu 15-Sep-11 12:23:08

We have a drive without a dropped kerb. People are not allowed to park across it and block you in - a kind policeman made someone move their car when I couldn't get mine out to get to work one morning. I'm not sure of the legal situation if you park in front of an empty drive with no dropped kerb though.

startail Thu 15-Sep-11 13:23:33

That makes sense if that is your drive, but this house has just gravelled over their front garden (and because it's the sort of estate with out fences) seem to think they can just drive across the pavement at any point they choose, when already have a car width dropped curb, drive and garage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now