Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Case management discussion-advice please

(5 Posts)
banana87 Mon 12-Sep-11 21:05:10

Can anyone tell me what I can expect from a CMD? I am being sued by someone and my solicitor believes her claim is misconceived, and we have submitted our evidence to the Tribunal. Tribunal have now notified of a CMD to take place next week. As I am a small business I cannot afford to pay my solicitor to do any more work on the case (and I feel I can clearly state what my position was myself). Can anyone tell me what sorts of things would be discussed at a CMD? I just want to know what to expect. Thanks.

banana87 Tue 13-Sep-11 16:44:44

Bump

Collaborate Tue 13-Sep-11 16:48:38

I think no one's replied because you haven't given any details about what kind of case it is. It's like saying to a doctor that you're ill, then expecting them to make a diagnosis.

Pufflemum Tue 13-Sep-11 16:51:36

I have been through this without a solicitor for the same reasons. You will be fine. The judge advises on any witnesses that either party will need , discuss who and how the 'bundle' of documents must be prepared and agrees between the parties a date and duration for the actual hearing. You won't be asked detailed questions about your case. Google CMD and you should find te formal guidance from the ET along with a list of possible questions. I have to admit it's not a pleasant experience but also not worth wasting more cash on your lawyer being present. Hope that helps. Good luck.

banana87 Tue 13-Sep-11 19:37:49

Sorry Collaborate, it's a employment tribunal and the claimant is claiming discrimination against age and race. I was not the employer, hence my position that the claim against me is misconceived. I will be using the CMD to request a pre-hearing review, but this request has already been put in writing by my solicitor so I think they are expecting to discuss it.

Thanks pufflemum, I am a bit clueless as I wasn't the employer here I don't have much to go on!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now