Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Can anyone help please? (Redundancy)

(3 Posts)
LoopyLoopsPussInBoots Wed 07-Sep-11 22:56:15

DH has been told that his job is under threat of redundancy. The consultation period starts on Monday. We are going on holiday for 2 weeks on Saturday, so he won't be there for 2 weeks, by which time they will have made their decision.

He started work on 19/11/01. As his notice period is 1 week per completed year he has worked, if he is made redundant, will the 'years worked' include the notice period? Currently he has 9 completed years, but his notice period will be 10 years if the notice period is taken into account. This is only the case if his notice period starts when he returns from holiday (I am assuming he has to be in the office for them to officially make him redundant?)

I'll try again if that doesn't make sense! Thank you in advance for any help.

louby86 Wed 07-Sep-11 23:44:20

I recently had to make everyone in one department at work redundant. It was the worst thing I've ever had to do. Everyone got the standard 30 day consultation period (as there were less than 100 of them). People's own individual notice periods then started immediately after the consultation period ended and we entered formal notice of redundancy. If you're husband has been issued official notice, rather than consultation prior to official notice it may be that it does include those weeks. If you're still unsure give acas a ring and they will make sure you know your rights and are getting a fair deal. Hope this helps

LoopyLoopsPussInBoots Fri 09-Sep-11 11:12:36

Thanks louby smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now