Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Old company acquired - contract

(2 Posts)
Mishy1234 Tue 06-Sep-11 14:42:44

I am due to return to work in a few weeks and while I was on maternity leave the company was bought over. I had returned part-time after my first child under a temporary change to my contract, which continued until I went on mat leave for the second time a year later. Whilst on my second mat leave it was agreed that I would return part-time on a permanent basis (apparently as I had been working for a certain period part-time, they had to honour these hours).

After this agreement was made (I have emails detailing this too), the HR person said she would draft me a new contract. Following this she went on long term sick leave, returned for a while and then went back on sick leave again. In the meantime, the company was acquired.

Do I have a problem since I don't have a paper contract detailing my part-time hours? Does the new company have to honour the agreement? They haven't said they won't, but I want to be prepared in case there are any issues.

SarahBumBarer Tue 06-Sep-11 15:44:43

Hi Mishy - it might be worth posting in employment issues. There are some helpful employment lawyers over there but I don't necessarily see them around on the general legal board.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now