Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Will question

(3 Posts)
OberonTheHopeful Mon 29-Aug-11 20:45:45

I need to make a new will and would like to leave something to my nephew. Unfortunately I don't think I can trust him to be very financially responsible because he's only two.

Is there a way I can leave money to him, but effectively in the care of his mum until he's older? Would this be difficult/expensive to do?

Thanks smile

Collaborate Mon 29-Aug-11 21:00:28

It's standard. A trustee would look after it until the child is 18, or such other greater age that you specify.

OberonTheHopeful Mon 29-Aug-11 21:04:43

Thank you, that's great! I'll get on to a solicitor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now