Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

CSA - tribunal hearing coming up - any advice please??

(10 Posts)
zookeeper Mon 22-Aug-11 18:27:51

Hi

I have a Tribunal hearing looming - no date yet but my awful ex is appealing against his CSA assessment which was made following my application for a variation to the maintenance level he was paying.

If the tribunal accepts that the CSA assessed him incorrectly then can the Tribunal reassess the appropriate level of maintenance to be paid there and then or does it refer it back to the CSA for reassessment??

Collaborate Mon 22-Aug-11 23:35:24

Can do either. It would also backdate the result of the appeal.

rubin Tue 23-Aug-11 18:49:56

Can't offer you anything advise wise Zookeeper, but please do keep in touch re how it all goes. I'm in the process of being about to send in an application to review the NRP's maintenance & would welcome any advice on it!
Best of luck with it all.

zookeeper Thu 25-Aug-11 14:12:25

Thanks Rubin - I'm sick with worry over it all really; nice to have a bit of support smile

sand12 Sat 17-Sep-11 21:50:36

Zookeeper are you aware the CSA is changing to CMEC go onto the nacsa website and see if this helps you. My ex holds back his commission for 3 months then on the 4th he gets a very healthy pay the CSA then calculates off his 3 bad months!!!!! the CMEC won't allow this they take the gross pay from DWP so no more hiding it comes into place late next year! good luck

Collaborate Sun 18-Sep-11 09:21:23

sand12 the current system gives you something to use here - just apply for a reassessment when his bonus kicks in. The CSA can look at any period of pay they deem to be appropriate for any case - and if an annual bonus is received they should take 12 months of figures.

The change in 2012 to gross income won't male any difference to that.

sand12 Sun 18-Sep-11 09:35:28

CSA refuse to look at any more of his pay slips I then had to appeal the appeal looked at it CSA had made errors plus they found his commission but 3 months later ex contacted CSA change of circumstances and he has kept his commission back again for 3 months! back to square 1 my ex is costing the tax payers a fortune!

pinkytheshrinky Sun 18-Sep-11 09:37:10

I get nothing at all and my ex is being done for fraud by the CSA - oh happy days!

sand12 Sun 18-Sep-11 10:45:29

pinky how and why r CSA doing him for fraud as my ex is holding commission back etc

Collaborate Sun 18-Sep-11 23:59:46

sand12 take it back to the tribunal - you must if the CSA are ignoring their rulings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now