Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Help Really appreciated re Mumsnetter being sold a 'dodgy' car.

(4 Posts)
MittzyTheVixen Sat 20-Aug-11 14:24:28

Can anyone help my MNetter friend? This is what the situation is..........

''The garage still have my car, and are saying they wont give me my money back. Been to CAB this morning, who said I have to go to small claims court, but before i do that, i need to write the garage a letter, saying that either they give me a refund, or i will take them to court.

dateline - bought the car on the 24th july. took it to my garage the next day as couldnt get it to stay in 5th gear. Was told it needed a full new gear box, but to just take it back to garage and ask for my money back. Which i did. they refused, saying i had to give them three chances to fix it. eventually they wore me down and i took car back (so it was in my posession for two days).

initally they kept saying "it will be ready tomorrow or the day after, we will ring you" etc etc. only they never did. I made two more trips through to garage (an hour away) to be told that car wasnt there - it was at mechnics garasge. once they had had my car for a week, they stopped answering the phone to me, and if i witheld my number, once i got through and said who i was, they hung up on me. So, a friend rang, they told him that car was away getting fixed, and that they would deliver it to me. they didnt. he rang back, they said there was a hold up, but that they would ring me. they didnt.

So now, i dont believe a word they say, and i want to take them to the small claims court. well, i dont want to, but i cant see any other option. So, i need a bit help with writing the inital letter please? ''

This is the basic details of a situation my lovely MNetter friend is in, what makes it worse is the fact that the car was bought with money for her SN Daughters DLA.

We want to write a letter that really resolves this as quickly as possible and my friend would appreciate it if there was a way of doing so without going through court as there are confidence issues. I am happy to do any phoning on her behalf but really need as much support and to be certain of any facts etc in proceeding.

Has anyone any advice or could anyone draft a basic letter that is going to cut through the bullshit and get results for her.

With heartfelt thanks in advance.

fivegomadindorset Sat 20-Aug-11 14:30:06

Mitz we are going through this at there moment. Let me finish the ironing and Will fb you.

fivegomadindorset Sat 20-Aug-11 14:31:06

Can you fb me your email address?

MittzyTheVixen Sat 20-Aug-11 14:43:37

of course....hi Five x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now