Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Employment tribunal--what if I can't make it?

(4 Posts)
banana87 Tue 16-Aug-11 19:22:22

I am being stupidly stupidly sued for something and my solicitor doesn't think Tribunal has jurisdiction over me in the claim anyway. We filed our forms and requested a pre-hearing review 3 weeks ago. I am 26 weeks pregnant and due to go on Mat leave in Oct. I also plan on breastfeeding and do not forsee being able to return to doing anything minus baby until Feb. What if the Tribunal set a date for when I am on mat leave and/or unable to travel (I had horrendous SPD last pregnancy and do not expect things to be easy this time either)? Would they set the date back by months? Or are they likely to respond with a date sooner than Oct (seeing as how the paper work was submitted end of July)? Any ideas or advice welcomed.

hildathebuilder Tue 16-Aug-11 20:37:00

which tribunal. some list more quickly than others?

but in any event I wouldn't worry. If the date is inconvenient they can postpone. They usually will is its around your due date and for a little while afterwards, they may not if you lo is 6 months or so.

if you are happy to express they will provide facilities.

if you can't travel due to spd they may ask for evidence but again will take it into account, if I were you wait for the date and then apply for a postponement if necessary

banana87 Tue 16-Aug-11 21:17:53

I believe Croydon.

hildathebuilder Wed 17-Aug-11 09:15:32

If its Croydon it may well take a while to hear anything back as the tribunal was closed last week due to the riots and they are currently dealing with a backlog of cases postponed etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now