Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Student Loans Muppets - Where Do I Stand?

(2 Posts)
Kladdkaka Tue 16-Aug-11 12:11:55

Does anyone know the legalities of dealing with the stunt loans people who are annoying the heck out me? Beginning to feel somewhat harassed by them.

I have to file overseas income forms so they can work out how much I have to repay each month. This has to be done every year. This year I have filled out and returned the forms twice, because the first lot apparantly went stray. Now I have received another arsey letter with another set of the same forms saying that if I don't complete and return them within 28 days they will fine me. I've rung them up and they insist I have to do it.

Thing is, following the last lot I received confirmation from them that they had them followed by my loans statement, confirmation that no payments are due from April 2011 to 2012 (not working at the mo) and that I will have to resubmit the assessment form in 2012. All of which I have kept.

Clearly someone their end has put a wrong date into their computer, my assessment apparantly ran from April 2011 to April 2011.

Would I be liable for fines and costs they levy if I refuse to complete these forms, bearing in mind that I have now informed them of their mistake?

Kladdkaka Tue 16-Aug-11 12:12:32

Student loans, not stunt loans. Doh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now