Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

I really need child maintenance enforcement advice

(9 Posts)
slimbo Thu 11-Aug-11 16:45:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Collaborate Thu 11-Aug-11 18:31:22

If the CSA have lost jurisdiction (assuming here the channel isles aren't UK for CSA purposes) you need to apply to court for an order under schedule 1 of the children act.

pinkytheshrinky Thu 11-Aug-11 18:34:30

Honestly, just forget about it. If you take it to court then you have to pay and then it cannot be enforced so why bother?

It is just not worth the heartache is it?

sneezecakesmum Thu 11-Aug-11 18:56:00

If you can do the legal work yourself and are savvy take it to court as collaberate says after you find out whether there is any time limitation on enforcement of the court order. If the cost is significant it may not be worth your while but with luck XH may find a nasty surprise when he arrives back all suntanned and relaxed!

babybarrister Thu 11-Aug-11 19:41:06

if you have joint mortgage I assume you have joint property - you need to get some legal advice as you can claim out of his share of the capital in a rather roundabout way ....

have a look at the resolution website and make sure you get someone with very good international experience - have a look at the resolution international committee members as an example ...

where are you and I can recommend someone

slimbo Thu 11-Aug-11 19:49:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

babybarrister Fri 12-Aug-11 13:46:55

Hope the solicitor is good, if not I would recommend Lyn Cowley at Nockolds - does a good bit of international work ....

make sure that they are a member of Resolution which is the family lawyers association

cestlavielife Fri 12-Aug-11 15:14:41

are you planing to sell the property to realise the assets and share it?
do you want to buy another property or live in that one?

if is based around the property and getting his share for the DC you might need combined trusts of land act TLATA plus schedule 1 act ie it may be best to combine the two and do both at same time which is what i did

slimbo Sat 13-Aug-11 19:34:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now