Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

What do i do if ex refuses to move?

(8 Posts)
corinewmoon Tue 09-Aug-11 09:54:38

My husband and I have been seperated for about a year. I am currently living in a rented property , he is living in a two bedroom flat which we own. I am due to move back there next week as the lease is up on the property that i am renting and I can no longer afford to pay the rent anyway. Through mediation my husband agreed that i could move back to the flat and he would find somewhere else to lo live. He has not found anywhere else to live though he has some leads. He said to me yesterday that he might need to stay in a flat a couple of extra days (after I move in) I said no that would not be acceptable and that i would go to court to force him to move. However Im not actually sure what the legal process is here. I do have an alternative place to stay for a little while if he really refuses to move , I am assuming the law is on my side here as the kids live with me and I will be effectively homeless by next Tuesday if he doesnt go. So apart from contacting a solicitor what is the legal process involved.?

Collaborate Tue 09-Aug-11 12:03:31

Can't get him out unless he's been violent to you or the divorce court has made a transfer of property order in your favour. The mediation agreement is legally privileged.

corinewmoon Thu 11-Aug-11 21:09:09

ok, but what if me and the children will be homeless if he doesnt leave.
what does legally privildeged mean?

corinewmoon Thu 11-Aug-11 21:09:49

and there was an episode of violence in the past, he got a caution

corinewmoon Wed 17-Aug-11 18:10:14

As predicted he hasnt left.
He was originally meant to leave on Sunday, that was put back until thursday (newplace being painted he said) today he said it might not mve until next week. (new floor being put down, he says) . The lease on my rented property was up today. Ive moved all my things into the flat expecting that he would be gone. I am staying at frieds place now, he says the kids and i can come back and he will sleep on the floor. Totally unacceptable solution , what can i do now?

corinewmoon Wed 17-Aug-11 18:15:35

I am assuming the council wont provide me with any tempoary accommadation as i have interest in a property

babybarrister Wed 17-Aug-11 18:40:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ShanaK Fri 19-Aug-11 00:04:09

You definitely need a good family solicitor. I can recommend one, (hubby)! but depends on where you are located. cover west London & north/east London & Essex.
Good luck, hope you get things sorted.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: