Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Splitting up finances: what to do with the house

(4 Posts)
PeppaIsBack Tue 02-Aug-11 11:52:15

So H and I are divorcing but very unsure about the split of finances.
Mainly the issue for me is with the house. I am self employed (started last year) but the results for last year were negative. This year I should be able to make at least £4000 profit (but obvioulsy can not say for sure how much it will be). So in effect I am on a very low income and very unlikely to get a morgage soon..
H is employed and is earning a confortable wage.
We bought the house together when dc1 was one month old. He had a house that we sold. He had bought that house when we met (first time buyer for him) and we got married about one year later.

So what would be a fair arrangement in the eyes of the Court re who is staying in the house, what sort split of the value of the house etc...?
<<I have been on a website with a 'calculator' and the results it quite unconfortably with me>>
<<morgage is low so either of us could stay in the house and pay the morgage>>

Collaborate Tue 02-Aug-11 13:01:01

You would be serously unwize to rely upon any advice you get in reply to your post. Oh if it were so simple!

Find a good solicitor on the Resolution website.

PeppaIsBack Tue 02-Aug-11 13:03:48

Fair enough.
I have an appointment with a family law solicitor from that website so I will see what she says.

in the mean time, I was inetrrested to see what would be an 'average' fair agreement as it would me getting organized.

PeppaIsBack Tue 02-Aug-11 13:04:11

Thanks for your answer btw smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: