Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

hes pleaded not guilty to section 4a public disorder offence

(8 Posts)
jklikesrowing Tue 26-Jul-11 01:03:30

now i have to go to grown, what happens now?

moonferret Tue 26-Jul-11 01:21:49

In English please...

madhattershouse Tue 26-Jul-11 01:31:09

do you mean crown?

moonferret Tue 26-Jul-11 01:56:31

Not for a s4 public order

jklikesrowing Tue 26-Jul-11 10:36:52

yes i meant crown!!!!

shelscrape Wed 27-Jul-11 10:02:06

No you won't have to go to the Crown Court to give evidence if he has just been charged with an offence under S4A of the Public Order Act 1986. This is a summary only offence - carries a maximum sentence of 6 months custody. Any trial will be at the Magistrates Court.

You should get contacted by the local witness care unit who will let you know the date and time of any trial and also tell you if you will be needed to give evidence. They should also carry out a needs assessment with you - usually over the phone. If you are concerned, you can usually ask for a pre trial visit which is usually carried out by victim support volunteers who will be able to explain more about what happens at a trial. If you do give evidence at a trial, you will be able to read any statement you gave to the police before you go into Court to help refresh your memory.

Summary of the Victim's code can be found here at Victims Code . You might also find the victim support website useful Victim Support

Dogsby Wed 27-Jul-11 10:05:31

section 4 pub order is the bread and butter of the Mag court - they have them every single day.

jklikesrowing Wed 27-Jul-11 20:00:33

thanks shel xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: