Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

changing the price in an advert

(6 Posts)
coffeewhitenosugar Thu 21-Jul-11 19:19:10

Hi, I hope I've put this in the right topic - I have advertised some items and have received a phone call from someone wanting to come and see them and she told me they were really cheap - I have checked on e-bay and it looks as if I have advertised them too cheaply, can I change the price or ring her back and say I have put the price up from £50 to £80 or am I legally bound to the price I have advertised them at. I would be really grateful if anyone could give me some advice before tomorrow, thank you.

DaisySteiner Thu 21-Jul-11 20:43:52

No, you're not legally bound to sell them at the price you advertised.

coffeewhitenosugar Thu 21-Jul-11 20:57:14

thank you so much for taking the trouble to reply, I'm really grateful.

sneezecakesmum Sun 24-Jul-11 20:33:32

Ebay 'help' pages will answer all these sorts of queries. Bit of a wade though! Yes you have to sell at your advertised price on ebay I believe.

Funnily enough if something is advertised wrongly price wise in a shop they are not legally obliged to sell to you if I remember consumer law rightly, provided they realise their mistake before you pay at the checkout. Not a lot of people know this.

ZillionChocolate Mon 25-Jul-11 08:33:31

If you haven't completed an auction or it's not a buy it now that they've bought then you can cancel and up the price. You don't have to stick to your advert.

sneezecakesmum Tue 26-Jul-11 19:54:57

Sorry Zillion is right. You have the right to EDIT upwards your advertised price. I thought you meant someone had paid/bid on your advertised price not that it was still unbid on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now