Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Accident at work

(6 Posts)
iTuneless Thu 14-Jul-11 07:53:57

A friend of mine has had an injury at her work place. She is in retail and was not at her usual branch, has hurt herself (had to be operated on) in a heavy door (used by the staff not the public) to enter/exit the premises.

Can anyone give an idea of her chances to pursue a compensation claim? She's worried about causing a fuss, - but I've told her it's not personal against any of her colleagues, it's the company itself.

Beckboo79 Thu 14-Jul-11 22:26:34

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

APIL Wed 24-Aug-11 12:46:55

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

readywithwellies Wed 24-Aug-11 18:30:45

They will payout unless she was doing something really stupid. Even then they may pay out.

MadamDeathstare Wed 24-Aug-11 18:36:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sneezecakesmum Wed 24-Aug-11 20:52:02

If she has a union she should contact them.

The CAB will give advice on accidents at work.

For her to receive compensation the company must be in some way negligent regarding the door, or at least not given regard to the safety of their employees. Was it so heavy that she couldn't safely open it? Accidents with doors are a bit odd, was it faulty in some way? Did another employee behave irresponsibly?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: