Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Mother asking for help and advice

(5 Posts)
Sweeethome Sat 09-Jul-11 13:10:29

I can imagine, all of you must be tired of giving advices about this matter..But i really need to know from somebody elses point view. I would like to apologise about my grammar wich isnt the best.

Well, i came to the uk 4 years ago..and fell in love with somebody, who appeared to be a decent person and a very hard working family man, 2 years ago we moved in together, we were living in Surrey,thats when all changed, and he started being very angry and violent with me. I fell pregnant the same year, and my DS was born last november, but since then hes been very agressive towards me.Due to lack of information and money , i also havent regularized my situation in this country after my visa finished. So.. last night..after months of arguying and threats ..he said hes going to a solicitor and i know from his previous talks with me, that he intends to take my 8 months baby to live with him, and hes also humiliates me saying i will give you ur british passport dont worry(wich i refuse to accept), i know a little bit, that right now i have no rights to stay in the UK, unless is to have access to my son,but i would like to explain that i do not wish to stay in the country illegally and would like to go back to my home country.

i would like to get from you guys any advice on how to start this procedure. Thanks so much for reading.

Collaborate Sat 09-Jul-11 15:29:31

Is the father on the birth certificate? If not, you can return home with the child. If he is on the certificate you'll need his permission to return home with your child, or an order of the court.

UsingMainlySpells Sat 09-Jul-11 15:35:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gorgeouslatinrose Tue 12-Jul-11 11:33:44

Contact Womens Aid - give them a ring or search online. They will give you help and advice. Where is your son now? Do not worry too much about the Visa thing at the moment, as your son is British , you are okay to stay here for a while at least. But you do need legal advice, and Womens Aid will help you with all this. Keep hold of your passports at all times, and the birth certificate , as this will help you in the long run.

babybarrister Tue 12-Jul-11 12:15:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: