Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Anyone know anything about Education Law? Can I take a solicitor to a formal hearing for school governers?

(5 Posts)

In brief - made 2 complaints - massive reply (9 pages and CD rom of 32 appendixes) but I want to take it further. I know I'll be beaten down at a formal hearing, but I need to do this for my son. I've been advised not to by a education solicitor I talked to (due to expense), but I really can't let this just go. Can I take a solicitor with me to a formal hearing? I'm just walking blindly with all this...

thankyou

belledechocchipcookie Wed 29-Jun-11 12:00:01

you can get free legal advice here You should be able to take anyone you want with you.

I called them a while back. they said follow the procedure, which I am doing (slowly). total nightmare. thanks for the reply smile

mranchovy Wed 29-Jun-11 14:03:59

I have seen some of your other threads, including the one in Chat where I think you are saying that you have now moved him to a different school.

This must have been very distressing for you and your son, and I am glad to hear that he is now being helped more effectively.

What is it that you want to achieve now as far as the old school is concerned?

At least an apology, for them to recognise they did not treat DS with the dignity and respect he deserved, for them to realise children have these needs and they should be more inclusive and not blame the child, or treat them in such a disgraceful way

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now