Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

help regarding a childs paternity

(6 Posts)
beckie90 Tue 21-Jun-11 13:07:27

well ive searched the internet and cant find a thing, so i thought id see if anyone knew on mumsnet smile

when i was pregnant with my 1st child 3 years ago someone told me that my boyfriend had another child with a girl before me, when i asked him he said they had been rumors about it but the girl had told him it wasnt his. so i just 4got about it until recently having seen pictures of the boy, who looks spitting image of my boyfriend, and also the birth date working out around the right time. ive spoken to the girl herself and shes still saying hes not his and that hes her current partners.

my boyfriend really wants to know the truth, so my question is, is there anything that can be done to find out?

Collaborate Tue 21-Jun-11 13:34:29

Yes. He can apply to the courts for a declaration of paternity. Be prepared though for a CSA claim if he is the father, and not necessarily for any contact.

beckie90 Tue 21-Jun-11 13:37:08

is the csa claim put in by the mother or do they just do that anyway

Collaborate Tue 21-Jun-11 13:44:16

Either parent can apply to the CSA. CSA don't do it without one of them applying though.

beckie90 Tue 21-Jun-11 13:53:40

oh good, thankyou for your information. if she applied would they want money for the past 3 year? even though it was her refusing to do a test

prh47bridge Tue 21-Jun-11 21:01:30

No. CSA maintenance starts from the time they contact the non-resident parent.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: