Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

bit of advice please.

(8 Posts)
CherryMonster Sun 19-Jun-11 12:19:18

problem with next door neighbour. my ds1 hit her son this morning. her son is 7 and spat chewed up bread out of his mouth at ds1, who hit him. ds1 is 12. the mother has threatened to knock ds1 out, and go to the council and the police about my ds1. her son has been bullying ds2 (10) for months, hitting him and then coming and lying to me that ds2 hit him, when ds2 comes back in a right state after being punched in the jaw, and there are 2 witnesses who said that ds2 was telling the truth. now, i am guessing there is nothing she can actually do without making things worse for herself, but i have had enough. i have lived her 4 years with no problems, and within 3 months of her moving in its all kicking off. so what can i do?

mumblechum1 Sun 19-Jun-11 17:44:30

Did you mean to post this in Legal?

xiaojwww Mon 20-Jun-11 02:47:05

Message deleted

CherryMonster Sat 25-Jun-11 17:46:41

yes i did mean to post this in legal. we both live in council housing, and i want to know what i can legally do to stop this happening. she has kicked off again today, saying that ds1 hit her son, when i saw that he didnt, and because he squirted the kids with a water gun. its gorgeous weather today, and he has been squirting everybody, no one else has minded, there is a group of them having a water fight, and her kids keep following them and then complaining when they get wet.

Collaborate Sun 26-Jun-11 12:41:12

Sounds like a playground spat. Try not to let it get out of hand.

CherryMonster Sun 26-Jun-11 23:09:44

yes, i have been trying to not let it get out of hand, but the neighbour seems determined that it will. i intend putting up cctv camera's at the front and back of the house so that i can keep an eye on things going on. its the lying that is doing my head in though.

mumblechum1 Mon 27-Jun-11 07:22:21

The reason I asked whether you meant to post in the Legal Section is because this isn't the sort of problem which is worth paying solicitors £200 plus per hour to get involved in, and you wouldn't get legal aid.

Kids fight/squabble all the time.

CherryMonster Mon 27-Jun-11 09:39:04

i know they do, and for the most part i am happy to leave them to it, but she wont. my kids squabble, and it doesnt bother me, and same there, but when a 40 odd year old woman is threatening my 12 year old son, i will get involved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now