Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Housing association surveys

(6 Posts)
dontquotem3 Sat 18-Jun-11 14:10:12

I am a council tenant living in a housing association property. Sometime last year (mar-may), the housing association informed me that my property was one of 21 properties to have a survey done on them with a view to making improvements. The survey took place and various things came up like the need for new kitchen and bathroom flooring, unsuitable wall covering (woodchip paper) in the bathroom inadequate insulation in the loft and some other minor things. Now this year push has come to shove and the housing association is now saying that due to funding (isn't it always that) they won't be able to carry out any of the proposed improvements in any of the surveys conducted.

Two things:
1. Wouldn't the funding have been put in place already, this was some kind of program they decided to do so I would have thought that the financial aspect would have been looked at and secured beforehand.
2. Is there anyway that I can get a copy of the survey that was done on the property that I live in under freedom of information or otherwise.

Thanks in advance.

Marjoriew Sat 18-Jun-11 16:54:25

I also live in a HA property. Double glazing was installed but front doors weren't replaced.
We were also told, when we enquired where the new doors were, that they had run out of money.
That was two years ago, and we are still waiting for replacement front doors.

xiaojdd Sun 19-Jun-11 01:29:49

Message deleted

xiaojwww Mon 20-Jun-11 02:46:33

Message deleted

dontquotem3 Mon 20-Jun-11 18:39:00

Who are these people (two previous posters)?

Thanks for that Marjoriew. Phoned up today, they said they could not give me a copy of the survey as it is a confidential document of theirs as my landlord.

I still wonder though because if there are failings in my property like the inappropriate flooring I mentioned, I have no stick to beat them with IYSWIM.

Thanks all.

Marjoriew Mon 20-Jun-11 20:33:41

dontquotem3, they were spam - selling trainers, I think.

I think it's a matter of keeping at them. My house was built in 1993. I moved here about 5 years ago. There were cracks in the ceiling along the wall and as time went on the cracks got wider. I took photographs at intervals as proof. The HA tried to say it was 'normal'. It got to the point I could actually put my index finger into the spaces. I asked for the architect to come out and twice he insisted it was normal 'shifting.'
I then got someone independent to take a look and they disagreed with what the HA had said.
I asked the HA for a copy of what was written and they said no. I said I wanted the cracks filled and repaired and that it was their responsibility as my landlord to keep the property maintained to an appropriate standard.

Silence and then they turned up after a couple of weeks and did the job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now