Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

should i report deadbeat dad to child support agency?

(4 Posts)
sheitani Fri 17-Jun-11 17:47:54

my friend had a child 3 years ago by this sob who abandoned her. for some reason i can't figure out, when the child was 2 she got back together with this guy, got pregnant again, and guess what, he left again. He has never helped her financially, done any baby sitting, bought the kid a present or done anything useful. today she delivered her new baby, we were at the hospital and who shows up? this guy again, demanding to see his son. I was livid, and am seriously considering telling CSA (or whatever they are called now) that he has turned up out of the blue and they should stake out the hospital & nab him. my daughter says it's none of my business. should i report him and if so how do i go about it, or do i just leave this alone as it's not my business?

Collaborate Fri 17-Jun-11 18:08:40

She's right. It's none of your business. Your friend may become your former friend, and the CSA will ignore you.

Riakin Mon 20-Jun-11 12:18:49

As collaborate says, its her decision if a claim/application is made...

CarryingTheCanAgain Fri 24-Jun-11 08:42:08

"stake put the hospital and nab him"??? Who do you think the CSA are? Are you envisaging them locking him until he pays for the children or something? They are not the police, that's not how they work. They wouldn't listen to you, only a claim from the resident parent.

And your daughter is right, it isn't your business.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: