Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

If I rent out my house, do I need to change passport etc?

(4 Posts)
ASecretLemonadeDrinker Mon 13-Jun-11 15:12:45

I don't know where we are going to live perm., we have rented out our house (just about to sign stuff) and staying at MILs. DH is joining the forces (the reason for the move out) and so I presume we will be moving around alot. Can I keep all my docs as my "home" address and just get stuff redirected, or do I have to change everything every time. THanks smile

Also, my DS is at school near my "old" house (because I dodn't want to move him too much, we may go back if DH doesn't get in etc. etc ) - am I allowed to keep him there? confused

prh47bridge Mon 13-Jun-11 16:20:28

You are entitled to keep your son at his existing school regardless of where you live. If the school or council try to tell you different don't accept it.

Regarding docs, it varies. For example, you have to notify DVLA immediately if you change address so that your driving license and vehicle registration can be updated. On the other hand your passport doesn't have your address on it so you don't need to notify anyone when you move.

Gonzo33 Mon 13-Jun-11 19:28:55

If your husband is accepted and he is given an overseas posting then you can keep your driving licence address as your UK one (ie mil's). If it is not you need to change it to your UK qtr address (was told by the DVLA not long ago)

ASecretLemonadeDrinker Tue 14-Jun-11 11:33:29

OK, I think I'll change them all. Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: