Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

I've been suspended but collegues found out 3hrs before I did!

(7 Posts)
boxoftricks Sun 05-Jun-11 18:41:31

Long story short, I've been suspended from work for a few reasons, all of which I have prepared responses for (eg, have asked at least 4 times in previous weeks for training on doing tasks and was refused coaching, then have been suspended for not carrying out something properly)
It is all competancy based, nothing criminal.

But in talking to some of my collegues (2 of which good friends) it has come to light that they found out I was being suspended earlier on in the day than I was told.

Surely this is not very professional?? Any ideas on how to raise this?

whomovedmychocolate Sun 05-Jun-11 18:45:10

Hmm I wouldn't frankly. It's unprofessional of them but these things do get out. Would suggest you just shut up and find another job (sorry btw, I know that sounds harsh but they sound like gitwizards).

boxoftricks Sun 05-Jun-11 19:57:29

hmmmn. just a bit frustrating as my boss made a point during the conversation saying that he would follow the procedure to the letter. just really frustrating!!

GettinTrimmer Sun 05-Jun-11 20:15:21

Why did they refuse coaching?

boxoftricks Sun 05-Jun-11 20:38:15

not enough time? couldn't find the time to do it? not sure. I just know thats why I asked at least 4 times!

GettinTrimmer Sun 05-Jun-11 22:30:10

How long have you been there boxoftricks? If they don't invest the time in training you what on earth do they expect.

Sorry I have no legal knowledge, just sympathetic. Sounds an awful experience.

flowery Mon 06-Jun-11 09:49:12

Presumably you accept that people need to be informed that you've been suspended, so the only problem is that these particular colleagues knew 3 hours earlier than they should have done.

it's not great, I agree, but in the scheme of things when you have presumably serious allegations against you and a defence to prepare, I think focusing on what time of the day in question x people found it is not the best plan.

If you are given a warning/dismissed and a fair procedure was not followed and/or you feel the decision is over-harsh, then by all means include the slightly early informing/leaking to colleagues as part of an overall picture.

But assuming this individual concern doesn't have an impact on your ability to prepare your case in any wayn I really wouldn't focus on it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: