Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

What do Private Investigators do to trace errant husband's whereabouts?

(7 Posts)
Wisedupwoman Sat 28-May-11 20:39:24

Just on the off-chance that a passing solicitor sees this. My STBXH says he's living somewhere but all the evidence from what I know and our joint account bank statements tell me his is living with his OW. A P.I. told me he can trace the address he's at by using databases. Is this true?

Wisedupwoman Sat 28-May-11 20:42:59

blush or, indeed, a passing P.I!

nocake Sat 28-May-11 22:08:33

There's all sorts of information that can be used to work out where someone lives. Then, of course, there's good old fashioned leg work... following someone home.

What makes you think he's living with his OW?

Wisedupwoman Sat 28-May-11 22:12:02

He told me the place. His bank statements tell his every spending pattern in the area for each day since before and after he left. no hotel bills, no rent, he knows noone else in that area. he works miles away.

Wisedupwoman Sat 28-May-11 22:13:03

I didn't instruct a P.I. but one did a trace and came up with an address. I just wondered how he did it since I couldn't via electoral roll.

nocake Sun 29-May-11 22:33:38

He has better sources of information than you do. I found a friend's address recently by doing a bit of detective work and a couple of searches of publicly available info on the net. Of course I could have just asked him but tracking him down was much more fun grin

Wisedupwoman Sun 29-May-11 22:51:22

But what are they?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: