Advanced search

Fathers fight for access/custody

(4 Posts)
jumpyjan Fri 14-Jan-11 20:20:41

I am totally clueless about family courts/social services and would really like some advice on behalf of a friend.

He has a young child who he has being given (by the courts) access to see regularly - the mother allowed this initially and then not played ball. The mother has a history of problems and is known to social services. There is a strong chance that the baby is at risk with her and her and it has come to light that they are planning to move.

He is progressing things with his solicitor but it seems very slow and in the meantime there is a real worry that they may disappear.

I am sure he has it all in hand but I am so worried for them sad and wondered if anyone can suggest anything further that he should be doing.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 15-Jan-11 18:58:10

Families Need Fathers would be a good first step.

Resolution Sat 15-Jan-11 23:35:06

He could consider applying for a prohibited steps order to prevent a move. Courts have been known to grant them in some cases, though they aren't common. Depends what the reason for the move is. He must keep social services on side.

jumpyjan Sun 16-Jan-11 11:45:30

Thank you for the website link - there is lots of info on there so I will have a trawl through.

Thanks Resolution - will have a look into prohibited steps order too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: