Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

DOes anyone know what my housing rights are?

(5 Posts)
TitsalinaBumSquash Tue 11-Jan-11 19:31:45

DP has decided to turn nasty in splitting up, he has refused to leave. We are a joint name on the tenancy on a Housing asociation flat. He has informed me that e has rung them and they have said I can't force him to leave. He said this of course with a big grin on his smug ficking face... i try my hardest to make this easy on him. He is such a twat. :'(

Resolution Tue 11-Jan-11 23:22:40

I presume that the HA have a policy for dealing with situations like these. I assume that you have no children. Speak to someone at the HA and see what you have to do.

mrsfollowill Tue 11-Jan-11 23:29:01

Hi Titsalina! you have been having a hard time lately. I would also speak to the HA - if they are no help go and see CAB - there must be lots of people who have been through a similar situation. He sounds like a complete arse BTW and you will be well rid of him. I would also maybe contact Shelter - they are really good on the legal stuff. Good luck with everything and keep posting. Sometimes just writing stuff down can clear your mind.

TitsalinaBumSquash Wed 12-Jan-11 08:16:44

We have 2 young boys, he doesn't seem to give a damn about hurting them either. I am off to the bank and to the CAB today. Thanks

Lucyintheskywithdiazepam Wed 12-Jan-11 08:22:57

Also, contact Shelter (

They are experts in Housing Rights and preventing homelessness.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: