Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Childrens Art Classes - Insurance/liabilities etc help!!!

(5 Posts)
MooandPops Fri 10-Dec-10 14:28:11

Hi there

I am starting some childrens art classes in the New Year - all the spaces are now booked which is fab.

Does anyone know if I need additional insurances to the ones any village hall will already have in place?

I have checked out the legalities of having the children in my care and am fine on that = am of course CRB checked too...

Anyone? Thanks

Simbacatlives Fri 10-Dec-10 14:30:34

You need various liability insurances- usually 5 million. Call hiscox. They are specialist insurers.

It is quite pricey - more then my house!

MooandPops Fri 10-Dec-10 16:56:32

Thanks very much for your advice - I will do

Adair Fri 10-Dec-10 17:03:10

My insurance (for drama groups and teaching in schools) was £55 ( a few years ago) from Morton Michel

MooandPops Mon 13-Dec-10 12:26:45

Brilliant thanks Adair

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: