Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

HELP!!! I am scared I am going to be arrested.

(6 Posts)
violetbeth Fri 26-Nov-10 16:56:59

My daughter and I were coming home this morning (around 11am). I thought that the road was a dual carriage way so went into the right lane, it was not a dual carriage way and a lorry was heading towards us. I pulled into the left lane as soon as possible. No one was hurt and there were no accidents (just a lot of horn beeping) Now I am so very scared that I am going to be arrested, is this likely to happen?

bellabelly Fri 26-Nov-10 16:58:49

No, very unlikely. Stop worrying and thank your lucky stars you didn't cause an accident. Bet you had a nasty shock but people make mistakes, don't beat yourself up.

scurryfunge Fri 26-Nov-10 16:59:35

Not likely to be arrested. Someone may have reported your driving but I wouldn't worry. Unless lots of independent people give statements about the incident you should just put it down to experience.

You are lucky no one was hurt but I am sure you know that. smile

HeadFairy Fri 26-Nov-10 17:00:33

No I don't think you would be arrested. Even if someone got your numberplate I think the police would just come round and lecture you have a chat about road safety.

thisisyesterday Fri 26-Nov-10 17:02:23

no, i think the likelihood of you being arrested is minute!

unless the lorry driver took your number plate. which he probably didn't

be more careful in future and chalk it down to experience. hope you are not feeling too shaken up by it

violetbeth Fri 26-Nov-10 17:20:07

Thank you, OMG I am going to be so so careful, I am just thankful that no one was hurt, it took me a good 30 mins in a nearby shop carpark to calm down.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: