Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

do i need to worry

(4 Posts)
muminneed999 Mon 15-Nov-10 22:08:57

hi am hopin someone can help me here, i have recently been taken to court by my ex partner as he has applied for residence order for our 4 yr old son. i am in a relationshipm with a crb checked fire man who i am expecting his child my ex is claimin he is violent towards our son which is rubbish he dotes on him, i also have an older son of 10 who would be devestated if his brother was to leave our family home. this judge has issued a section 7 be done before a decision is made and i know i have a good case am stressin over all of this. my ex is usin violencee as a reason for this yet he has been violent to me in our past of which the police were involved he also has acriminal record and been to prison for violence. my ex partner works 12 hours a day so my son would spend majority of his time in child care whereas i work school hours to fit around my children. does he have a case and am i stressin over nothin

prh47bridge Mon 15-Nov-10 22:51:50

Unless your ex can produce evidence of the alleged violence he will not get residence on those grounds. The courts generally don't like changing a child's living arrangements unless there is real evidence of a threat to the child's welfare.

babybarrister Tue 16-Nov-10 15:37:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

muminneed999 Wed 17-Nov-10 19:02:34

thank u, that helps although ive had to give in to his access demands as my solicitor says it will look better for me, and im bein reasonable

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: