Advanced search

CCj set aside - what next?

(2 Posts)
geekygiraffe Thu 11-Nov-10 15:08:40

I got a CCJ set aside this morning (relief!), but I am unsure whether to
1. Complete N9B Defence form to dispute the original claim (for £550) or
2. Contact the Claimant directly and resolve it with them.
My defence is that I've already repaid the debt. I don't have the original claim form (sent to wrong address), so am reluctant to fill in N9B without seeing what I'm actually defending, and think it would be quicker to sort out what seems to be an internal error of the Claimant with them directly.
Also, I want to claim the £75 plus travel costs from the Claimant. Do I have to complete a Counter-claim for this?
Advice very welcome!

prh47bridge Thu 11-Nov-10 15:55:01

The court should be able to provide you with a copy of the original claim. However, you seem to know what you are defending - an alleged debt of £550.

Form N9B allows you to dispute the claim on the basis that you have already paid the debt. All you have to do is tick the box to say you have paid and state the date, place and method of payment. It also allows you to file a counterclaim for your travel costs. You have limited time to complete this so I suggest you do so. That doesn't stop you from trying to resolve the matter directly with the claimant.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: