Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How did you decide to have baby no 2? whats best age gap?

(4 Posts)
bgt Tue 10-Nov-09 22:29:41

I am 36 and have a little boy who will be 2 in March. I am definately having another but cant make my mind up when to start trying. I would start in the New Year 2010 but OH says 2011.

piprabbit Tue 10-Nov-09 23:08:41

With the way female fertility kind of drops off a cliff at about 38, I'd be tempted to start trying sooner rather than later. I know from bitter persoanl experience that TTC no.2 isn't always a simple matter.

I had my DD when I was 33. We started trying for no.2 when DD was about a year old.

I had three years of secondary infertility, miscarriages, an ectopic pregnancy, surgery, a diagnosis of endometriosis and finally a round of IVF. I finally had my DS when I was 38 grin.

Good luck with whatever you decide, it's such an exciting decision.

darydork Wed 11-Nov-09 19:27:37

hi bgt, i would def agree to go for it now if you want another, unfortunately there is medical proof out there that fertility can start to wain from mid 30s (piprabbit is a perfect example of this) you could wait till your 38 and conceive without any problems (many do)but if both you & ur dh both want another why take that unnessesary risk to wait IMO?? Also 2-21/2 yrs is a lovely age gap, I know what i would do.. Very best of luck with whatever you decide smile

girlsyearapart Wed 11-Nov-09 19:36:44

If you know you want more than one go for it now!
We knew we did so went for it when dd1 was 3mo and I fell pregnant straight away so dd2 was born when dd1 was 1 and 3 days.

Have never regretted it (though severely sleep deprived at the beginning!)

Trying for 3rd now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now