Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone else been out with odd shoes on?

(14 Posts)
alysonpeaches Sun 18-Oct-09 13:16:54

I have 4 children, eldest 6 and a half and youngest 12 months. Two out of 4 are poor sleepers. And Im getting on a bit. Please bear this in mind when you read the following.

Last week I went to school pickup and kids dancing class in odd shoes. I didnt discover it until halfway through dancing class, when I caught sight of my navy blue leather and thought, hmm, I thought I had my black patent on. And I did, On the other foot. It was our first week at dancing class and Im sure they all thought I was the mad woman.

FlamingoBingo Sun 18-Oct-09 13:18:49

grin hahahahahahaha

Not done that, but have had to check my feet in sudden horror that I may still be wearing my slippers - thankfully I wasn't!

bronze Sun 18-Oct-09 13:23:50

I have been out with my indoor shoes (sort of flipflops) over my socks

somanyboyssolittletime Fri 23-Oct-09 21:06:09

Have been to the gym in odd trainers - don't worry about it! Only noticed when I got home.

NorbertDentressangle Fri 23-Oct-09 21:08:42

lol!

I've been out with tops on inside-out and back to front (and I only have 2 children!)

OOOOOOOOOOOpsacoconut Fri 23-Oct-09 21:10:30

DH did this last week. Although how he didn't notice he had on one slip on and one lace up Idon't know hmm

Danthe4th Fri 23-Oct-09 21:13:53

Lol ive done the school run in slippers but they did match.

nigglewiggle Fri 23-Oct-09 21:16:45

I did this when I had NO children blush. I only noticed when I walked across the car park at work and wondered why one shoe was making a clipping noise and the other one wasn't!

LOMONDMUM Fri 23-Oct-09 21:24:23

I did this when I was about 6 mths pg!!! I met a friend for lunch and while we were waiting for a table in a restaurant I looked down and saw that I had 2 odd boots on! One had a square toe and 2" heel and the other had a pointed toe and 3" heel. The worst thing is that I gave a presentation to about 30 people earlier that day and no-one mentioned it to me.

ps this is my first ever MN post grin

LargeGlassofRed Fri 23-Oct-09 21:29:47

Worse blush have answered the door and talked to the post man with my boob hanging out shock after feeding.

Funny thing is he didn't say a word, it was only after I shut the door and caught sight of myself in the hall mirror that I realized blush

jkklpu Fri 23-Oct-09 21:34:00

I've gone to work with a different suit jacket from the skirt - different colours, styles, everything. But nothing to do with kids: I used to get up and dress in virtual darkness when dh didn't get up when I did (for most of the past few years, I've been the breadwinner) and I'd try not to wake him. Never realised till I got to the office and ended up leaving the jacket on a chair for several weeks before I remembered to collect it. Post-kids, I've almost left the house for nursery-work run in my slippers.

Giltz Fri 23-Oct-09 22:19:10

I have done this, DP was rushing me along so we could go out for dinner. I put two completely different shoes on. They were the but One Stripey and one black check.Luckily enough my jeans are long enough to cover my feet so not so embarassing.

wanttostartafresh Fri 23-Oct-09 22:25:41

I've done the inside out back to front t-shirt thing many times, both pre and post DC! What scares me is that I was just reading the thread about mad DH's and I've done loads of those things too!

LauraIngallsWilder Fri 23-Oct-09 22:29:50

I went out last week with odd socks on

waiting outside school to pick kids up I realised my top was on inside out

Those are recent incidents - loads more I could reccount blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now