Talk

Advanced search

2 nights in lake district with 4 kids - cheap places to stay?

(7 Posts)
ErnestTheBavarian Tue 06-Oct-09 07:40:23

Spent hours going round in circles. SOme places with "family rooms" only for 2 parents 1 child! Loads say children welcome from age 11!!!! I've never heard this in any other country. Jeez, what a horrible attitude UK has to kids.

Anyway, rant over.

Need 2 nights in Lake district, 31 Oct & 1 Nov. in theory 2 kids can top & tail as they often do this at home, and youngest in travel cot, so could get away with a room with 4 beds if they'd allow it.

Anyone know anywhere that's not too £££££? Please!

Lizzzombie Tue 06-Oct-09 08:01:48

Have you looked at the Haven website?
They have a site in the Lake District which looks quite nice & you could squeeze more people into the 'caravan' without telling them.

mackerel Tue 06-Oct-09 08:19:43

My sister and her family stay in youth hostels. Forget the idea of dorms etc. They do family rooms to sleep six, you can self cater or they have cafes which do really nice homemade food and will even make a packed lunch so enormous that even my brother in law struggles to finish it. They really recommended it to us - they go every half term - and they are in nice locations to. pretty cheap too. We plan to do it with our four.

ErnestTheBavarian Tue 06-Oct-09 08:21:00

Just looked - they only do min. 3 nights. This is our problem, spending hours trawling through the zillions of places, and come up against night limit (3) or group size or age, never going to find anywhere

AM so bored, been searching endlessly

juuule Tue 06-Oct-09 08:25:40

Travelodge?

Find one of their saver deals and book 2 rooms? 1 adult and 2 children in each?

juuule Tue 06-Oct-09 08:33:09

I didn't think that YHA did min 3 nights. Have you got a link to that?

I thought youth hostels were geared to people passing through.

ErnestTheBavarian Tue 06-Oct-09 08:53:29

Thanks for suggestions. Have booked a youth hostel. Bloody hell, not exactly a cheap bargain mindshock (£100 per night) but it'll fit us all in, has a games room and apparently fab location. And the man sounded very very nice, so all done and dusted. thanks guys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now