Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of trying for no.4 but exclusivelt BF.

(15 Posts)
KEAWYED Wed 23-Sep-09 11:15:51

Hope I'm not sounding to naive but i'm BF my 19week old and thinking of trying for DC4.

Know signs of periods yet.

How do I go about this?

(I dont need an explanation of the birds and the bees grin)

KEAWYED Wed 23-Sep-09 12:09:03

hello!!!!!!!!!!!!

missmama Wed 23-Sep-09 12:12:47

Hello, this is me I am sure.

As far as I can figure out their is nothing to do except the BD'ing.
DS3 is now 8 months old, but we have no sign of another yet. Just finishing most recent period today.

KEAWYED Wed 23-Sep-09 12:14:56

I'm thinking should I stop BF so my periods will resume?

missmama Wed 23-Sep-09 12:28:14

My periods returned at 12 weeks. And are as regular as they have ever been I go by EWCM but tend to have a 24-25 day cycle.
I am still BFing and DS has never had a bottle. I personally could not stop feeding him just to help my chances of getting pregnant. They are little for such a short time.
At 19 weeks he should be spacing his feeds out and you periods should return soon. Plus it will soon be time for weaning so he will feed less.
These few weeks might make no difference at all to any new baby you might have but this is where the baby you have at the moment gets to be fun and easier to feed anyway.

missmama Wed 23-Sep-09 12:29:47

Forgot to add that as soon as DS was born we decided that I would use no contraception as we would like a baby as soon as possible after.

KEAWYED Wed 23-Sep-09 12:32:22

I know. My periods returned with DS1 and DS2 after 6 weeks even though breastfed.

He sleeps through the night so he doesnt get fed then and I would miss it.

Just have to keep waiting.

Though I did get pregnant with DS3 without a period, I MC and caught straight away so my last period was June 2nd last year and I really havent missed them one bit.

I prob should have posted this in the BF thread.

KEAWYED Wed 23-Sep-09 12:34:08

I've been desperately broody after DS3.

My husband was a bit unsure at first but I said lets try for 6 so hes settled at 4 haha

nappyaddict Wed 23-Sep-09 12:38:09

Is your baby feeding at least 3-4 hourly both day and night? If he/she is not feeding that often during the night then it won't stop you from getting pregnant. Anyway once you start weaning at 6 months it won't stop you from getting pregnant anyway and it's not that far away.

KEAWYED Wed 23-Sep-09 12:50:44

He has his last fee at 7pm and his next ones at 7-7.30am.

He feeds a lot in the day.

KEAWYED Wed 23-Sep-09 12:53:25

meant to say feed.

I've just stopped giving him a dream feed at 10pm and he seems fine. still sleeping

KEAWYED Thu 24-Sep-09 20:38:30

Missmama I'm going to keep feeding and wait, Every so often I get a bit irrational and think I need to start doing things NOW!!!

morethan2point4 Wed 07-Oct-09 18:27:19

Don't think that just because you are BF and no sign of periods that you can't/won't get pg....I did, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one ever caught like that!! In fact, I think the whole not actually 'trying' worked best for us every time!!

Conundrumish Sun 11-Oct-09 14:37:34

Maybe drop a feed and see if your periods come back? That tended to make mine come back.

KEAWYED Thu 22-Oct-09 21:32:17

Still no sign of period. DS3 has a formula feed at 11am ish.

Problem is I need to start having sex now, think that may help wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now