Talk

Advanced search

No.4 due in April, so not yet, but am having a bad day and am now filled with panic.

(7 Posts)
LadyOfTheFlowers Wed 09-Sep-09 11:29:33

Have 3 Ds's.
4, 3 and 9 months. 4th DC due April.

Lately DS2 has started the 'terrible 2's' a bit late, DS3 is teething and DS1 is just being generally obnoxious. (sp?)

Everything got to me a bit today (I get terrible PMT-ish moodiness when preg) and I ended up crying into a cup of tea.
My usually understanding mother was here at the time and basically told me to pull myself together, get a grip - I had 'all these kids'.
I know that, and usually I cope very well, to the point where people in the street actually comment saying I do well and they behave nicely, my kids are a credit etc etc. but I am finding it tough the last month or so.

Her words today have just sort of really knocked my confidence to the point I am terribly worried about having no.4. I have visions of being overrun by beastly boys running riot and I called DH in a right state, crying down the phone to him.

I think I just want to offload really - my mum quite upset me - and would like some reassurance that if I can cope with 3, I can do 4. I did 2 to 3 ok, but did feel stretched to capacity once I had no.3.

bigcar Wed 09-Sep-09 13:06:33

Congratulations! There's a good chance that what your mum said came out the wrong [hopeful emoticon] if she's usually pretty good. I reckon it's much harder being pregnant and having toddlers than having a newborn and toddlers, hormones really don't help do they?! You're allowed off days, I usually find chocolate helps grin

If it's any consolation when I told my mum I was expecting dc4 all she could think to say was, oh no, not again! It didn't mean she didn't love any of the kids, she was always going on about all her grandchildren to anyone daft enough to listen smile I've just had dc5, so dc4 can't have been that bad smile Hth

LadyOfTheFlowers Wed 09-Sep-09 21:51:01

Thank you for your kind words bigcar.

She shocked me, very much.

Congratulations on DC5!!

benandoli Thu 10-Sep-09 10:25:29

I know exactly how you feel. I have 3dc 7, 4 and 11 months. Yes I chose to have 3, no I don't regret it but it is hard. When I am having a bad day all I want is for someone to tell me I am doing a good job, but people feel they have to tell you it was your choice don't they. Grrrrr And yes I would love a fourth but I am scared to even mention this to anyone!

sweetkitty Sun 13-Sep-09 22:33:54

Ladyoftheflowers - so know what you mean, I really wanted a fourth but now I am pregnant I am stressing and panicing.

I have 3DDs 5, 3 1/2 and 14 months and am due in May. We will cope we have to cope, I haven't told any family yet want to wait for as long as possible before getting the "comments".

bigcar Tue 15-Sep-09 14:31:58

lotf, how are you feeling now, any better? smile

sweetkitty, we didn't tell anyone till I was about 14 weeks, partly for the scan, partly for the comments [sigh] How nobody noticed my hugely fat belly in that time I will NEVER know grin Long baggy tops were favourite clothes!

gardeningmum05 Tue 15-Sep-09 14:48:01

i have 4- 11, 9, 1 and 2.
i was really stressed at the prospect of 4, but believe me its great!
bloody hard walk the 1st year, but a piece of cake now.
just remember you are pregnant with 3 under 5s, you must be shattered. give yourself a break, you will do great. grin
just get used to stupid comments like, you must be kept busy and dont you have a tele. yawn! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now