Talk

Advanced search

should I have baby number 5

(5 Posts)
leamac Sun 06-Sep-09 11:10:03

I have 4, oldest 18 leaving home next year to go to uni
special needs 10 year old
6 year old

all planned, I was finished and happy after baby 3 but fell accidental with baby 4

this baby is now 18 months and i would love another. my partner delivered her at home as midwife did not arrive in time for arranged home birth and he is not keen on on having another.

I would love another as I am now back into the swing of having tiny peeps around

yummyRuth Sun 06-Sep-09 21:58:31

it is something you and your partner should talk about, noone can say it is the right or the wrong thing to do.
it looks like you have your hands full but if you feel happy to take on another child then like i said talk to your partner.

you never know the timing may not be right for your partner maybe when your oldest has left home it maybe the right time.

MillyMollyMoo Mon 14-Sep-09 11:43:23

I'm in a similar position in that I have three close and a big gap, so twins would be ideal but if that didn't happen then I'd like another 2 quite close, maybe 3 years apart but DH will not hear of it.
So it's almost putting me off tbh the thought of the others being so close and the poor soul being all on it's own

GaribaldiGirl Sat 19-Sep-09 12:42:00

just had number 5 myself a couple of months ago. Eldest is 10 years. personally i think the more the merrier. i think you probably know in your heart of hearts whether you have room in your life for more. the practical answer is almost always to NOT have any more. In my experience noone will ever say anything more than 2 or maybe 3 is a good idea. When i announced my 5th pregnancy nobody seemed pleased except my husband, children and me. but my little baby girl is adorable and we all love her. i will enjoy every second because she has to be the last (bit too old to have any more!).

jellybeans Sat 19-Sep-09 12:55:51

5 is fab but chaos!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now