Talk

Advanced search

If you're a bit (ahem!) older, how long did it take for you to fall pregnant?

(5 Posts)
Janus Wed 02-Sep-09 09:02:27

We've just started trying for number 4 and I'm 39. The first 3 pregnancies were really easy, first one taking about 4 months and the other 2 the first month but we lost the third pregnancy. After that dd3 took 2 years to conceive, mostly I think because I was sooooooo stressed about it happening although I was also over 35. This time we are relaxed, knowing it may take a while but just wondered how long you took if you were a little older (I'm trying to be polite, please forgive me!).
Many thanks.

GrapefruitMoon Wed 02-Sep-09 09:13:02

DC1 - first attempt when I was 31
DC2 - took over 2 years, finally fell pregnant when I was 35
DC3 - first attempt when I was 38

Interestingly, I have been doing some family research recently and lots of my grandparents & great-grandparents either married relatively late in life and so had their children when they were older or were still churning them out in their 40s. So (at least where I come from) this idea that women in the past had their children a lot younger doesn't seem to be correct.

ReneRusso Wed 02-Sep-09 09:27:02

I am pg with #3. It took me about 8 months to conceive. I'm 38. Previous pregnancies were much easier
DD1 - 2nd month
DD2 - wasn't even trying

dottyaboutstripes Wed 02-Sep-09 13:33:26

We've just had our 6th at 39, took 3 cycles....that's with me & my one tube & DH's vas reversal

Not too bad all things considered!

Janus Wed 02-Sep-09 16:47:03

Oh wow, isn't it amazing how your body can react differently on each attempt. Here's hoping it's easier this time around. Thanks for the replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now