Talk

Advanced search

Do you ever wonder whether the neighbours mind the noise?

(6 Posts)
sorky Sun 30-Aug-09 13:51:34

They must hear the noise from our house (4 kids, 7 & under)

Is everyones house as loud as ours?

Sometimes I think about going next door and apologising for the constant hub-bub, but invariably someone poo's somewhere they shouldn't and so on....

Either side of me have 1 child each, we never hear a peep out of them. I'm pretty sure mine could be heard in Iceland!!

I did once mention the noise and asked the neighbour if it bothers her and she said she never hears anything!! I just find that hard to believe....

Mybox Sun 30-Aug-09 14:23:25

I wonder this as my kids do their bikes & trucks on our parking area which is next to the brick wall between us & our neighbours. I have asked her & she says it's not a bother. When they are having friends round I ask my kids to be quite when going out this way and to not to make a huge noise near the wall. Our other neighbour is awful and I wish my kids could march with bagpipes next to her garden.

hifi Mon 31-Aug-09 11:43:20

my sister has 4 kids, my mum lives further up the road from her. the only noise you hear is her screaming and shouting at them!

notagrannyyet Wed 02-Sep-09 19:21:41

Well I could always hear lady next door but one shouting at her 2 teenagers, and the eldest playing the drums. So I can only assume that at least 2 neighbours either side can hear when I --loose it--speak in slightly raised tones with the windows opengrin. I find I do shout more at my 16, 14 & 12 year olds now than I did when they were small. I think it's the --smart a** coments--answering back that causes the problem.

We live in a detached house on a large plot so I must shout very loudly. I'm sure the neighbours do hear but the only thing they mention is how they like hearing DSs practicing their instruments. I do have very understanding neighboursgrin.

notagrannyyet Wed 02-Sep-09 19:22:41

sorry crossing out didn't work.

FlamingoBingo Wed 02-Sep-09 19:23:48

Yes I do worry, and am eternally grateful that our neighbour (we're semi-detached) is out most of the day!

Actually, I worry more that I will be heard shouting at the children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now