Talk

Advanced search

Can I join now.... expecting no 4 !!!

(22 Posts)
Henrietta Fri 28-Aug-09 20:04:22

just gone 9 wks ...when did you tell the others my eldest DD is 5.5.

Dont really mind people knowing but is it better to wait until 12 weeks so there's a good chance of preg continuing. no history of misses.

FlamingoBingo Fri 28-Aug-09 20:07:10

My oldest was 5.5 when I got pg with our DD4! We told everyone straight away - DD1 and DD2 got to tell the grandparents.

Henrietta Fri 28-Aug-09 20:52:43

Bump

Ponders Fri 28-Aug-09 20:55:55

If your eldest is only 5, 9 weeks is way too early to tell any of them! (Although you will have to be careful what you say within their hearing)

Def wait until 13 weeks, both from the miscarriage pov & so the others don't have so long to wait (because they're going to want it NOW!)

Congratulations anyway smile 4 is fab!

Henrietta Fri 28-Aug-09 21:08:23

I just get so excited I want to tell everyone, but as you say prob bit early.. feeling sooo sick surprised DD hasn't suspected something with all the toast Ive been eating etc.etc. prob be better when school starts but the I've got to get UP

Henrietta Fri 28-Aug-09 21:09:35

I got the you've got your hands full will three so goodness knows what theyll say now!!

sorky Sun 30-Aug-09 13:38:00

mine were 6, 4 and 18 months when we fell pg with no4.

We waited until 20 week scan so that the pg was 1/2 through, there was a pic to show the kids, mummy was fat showing by then and also MORE importantly, we wanted to know the sex so we didn't have the

"I want a brother" vs "i want a sister" feud wink

sweetkitty Sun 30-Aug-09 23:15:18

Congratulations Henrietta I ahve just found out I am having nmber 4 as well, a huge 4+1 weeks so LONG way to go.

Am not telling the DDs until I am at least 12 weeks I agree from last time it's a long time for them to wait, a bit like talking about Christmas in September.

Mine are 5.1, 3.7 and 1.1yo

PanicMode Wed 02-Sep-09 12:50:05

Congratulations!

I've just found out we are having a very surprise number four. I have a 5.4 year old, a 4.1 year old and a 16 month old, so I am in denial as to how mad life is going to be come April!!!

I think that we will wait to tell them until after the 12 week scan - I'll be 6 weeks pregnant on Friday so it seems ages to wait, but I think it's safer.

PanicMode Wed 02-Sep-09 12:50:20

Congratulations!

I've just found out we are having a very surprise number four. I have a 5.4 year old, a 4.1 year old and a 16 month old, so I am in denial as to how mad life is going to be come April!!!

I think that we will wait to tell them until after the 12 week scan - I'll be 6 weeks pregnant on Friday so it seems ages to wait, but I think it's safer.

PanicMode Wed 02-Sep-09 12:51:15

Sorry for double post....

lockets Wed 02-Sep-09 23:49:44

Message withdrawn

Ceolas Fri 04-Sep-09 14:36:25

Congrats Henrietta! We have just had our 5th and last 2 times waited until about 20 weeks to tell the older DCs. It's such a long time for them to wait. Ours are 9,8,6 and 2.

<<Wow, Sweetkitty, congrats to you too! >>

sweetkitty Fri 04-Sep-09 21:23:05

lockets - of course I will be seeking you and Nemo's words of wisdom in the near future grin not a mention on FB still a secret smile

lockets Fri 04-Sep-09 21:25:09

Message withdrawn

sweetkitty Fri 04-Sep-09 22:03:11

Got to be a four girls, don't do boys here, DD1 would never forgive me

No I need witty retorts to all the
"trying for a boy"
"no telly"
"what again"
"glutton for punishment"
"nutter"
"you will need a bigger house/car etc"

1dilemma Fri 04-Sep-09 22:11:22

congrats all of you
sweetkitty will you find out or go for a surprise

sweetkitty Fri 04-Sep-09 22:27:06

1dilemma - will find out, will have to pay for private scan anyway as we only get one here, have known with all 3, means we can only argue about one set of names, we have already started throwing names at each other, usually followed by yuck no way, how we ever managed to name 3 children is beyond me

lockets Fri 04-Sep-09 22:30:46

Message withdrawn

sweetkitty Fri 04-Sep-09 22:38:23

Not writing them off lickets just don't think we would ever have one if we went onto to have 10 babies, not that I am having 10 this is my LAST and I know I said that last time blush but this time I mean it. Dizzy has already been discussing names grin

lockets Fri 04-Sep-09 22:42:48

Message withdrawn

sweetkitty Fri 04-Sep-09 23:13:42

I would fall off the table if they said boy, I just have a strong feeling it's another blue eyed, fiesty little madam.

I'm feeling absolutely fine for now, nausea kicks in about 7 weeks with me, SPD about 12 sad had to think long and hard about having another pregnancy with the SPD but in the end didn't want it to beat me, how very dare it grin I know it will be very hard but hey last time and they are so worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now