Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant with number four after lurking on here in awe for months!

(22 Posts)
BottySpottom Fri 07-Aug-09 19:20:34

I have always had a fascination with this forum and have been sneaking on to read threads about larger families for months.

I am 44 & we were unsure whether to try for a fourth because although we wanted to, we knew the chances of getting pregnant were too tiny. I took forever to conceive DC3 and had a miscarriage along the way. Plus the stats are all very scary once you are pregnant at this age. I got a bit obsessed with getting pregnant with DC3, to the detriment of other things, so didn't want that to happen again.

However, we threw caution to the wind one night recently, hoping something would happen but 99.9% sure that it wouldn't ... but it did smile.

I know my chances are slim, but I am enjoying just typing this for now and have fingers crossed!

forkhandles Fri 07-Aug-09 19:30:16

welcome to mumsnet!

congratulations with your pregnancy, seems like it was meant to be if it happened so easily, hope your pregnancy goes smoothly.

BottySpottom Fri 07-Aug-09 19:31:47

Thanks Forkhandles. Sorry, I didn't mean I was new to Mumsnet, just the larger families forum!

Madmentalbint Fri 07-Aug-09 19:33:09

Congratulations - what wonderful news
Having four is great! x

juuule Sat 08-Aug-09 10:22:15

Congratulations Bottyspottom.

I had my 9th at almost 44y. No problems at all. So 'advanced age'winkdoesn't always mean problems.

Best wishes for the next 8 months (and ever after of course)

bronze Sat 08-Aug-09 10:46:42

Congratulations Botty

4andnotout Sat 08-Aug-09 10:47:38

Congratulations!

Having four is lovely

Insanitybecomesme Sat 08-Aug-09 10:48:32

Congratulations, I have four which is great but we decided to try for one last one and was happy to concieve quickly, was a bit shocked on Tuesday to discover that its twinsgrin

juuule Sat 08-Aug-09 10:52:06

envy @ Insanity.

Congrats and hope all goes well for you too Insanity.

bronze Sat 08-Aug-09 10:52:49

Insanity! get ye your own thread. grin congrats

BottySpottom Sat 08-Aug-09 21:09:24

Thanks all. Insanity grin - wow, congratulations [Botty nervously checks family history for twins!].

foxinsocks Sat 08-Aug-09 21:10:31

it's like sitting in the special chair at work! (you know, the one everyone sits in and then gets pregnant wink)

BottySpottom Sat 08-Aug-09 22:18:58

Perhaps there should be a warning at the top of the page Foxinsocks!

Madmentalbint Sun 09-Aug-09 09:33:19

envy I want twins!
My friend had four, went for one more, and got twins. They are gorgeous!

Congrats Insanity x

Insanitybecomesme Sun 09-Aug-09 11:21:36

BottySpottom there has only been one set of twins in the family that I can find so the dating scan was a bit of a shockgrin
Four is a lovely number we have 3 boys and a girl at the moment.

Madmentalbint It seems for alot of people to get twins you try for number 5 and get another thrown in for freegrin

juuule Sun 09-Aug-09 11:33:33

I didn't get one thrown in free for no5envy or no6, no7, no8 or no9. Do you have to fill out a form or something to qualify?

No shortcuts for me. Oh well...

Insanitybecomesme Sun 09-Aug-09 12:15:47

Juuule perhaps its because you have to declare you will not be having more than fivesmile there is no way after this pregnancy I can have more I fall into the high risk area and each time the risks seem to increase this pregnancy just adds more complication possibilities to the list. I would love nine but my dh would leave homegrin

juuule Sun 09-Aug-09 12:24:00

Do you think that's it?

Although I was told that there could be increased risk of problems due to having more pregnancies and advancing age.

dottyaboutstripes Sun 09-Aug-09 15:54:32

Congrats! But oh dear, here I was thinking I was too old now - just had #6 and am approaching 40 and now find myself thinking I could pop out another (or 2 Insanity grin - congrats to you too!)

BottySpottom Sun 09-Aug-09 18:56:56

I'm sure you could squeeze a couple of sets of twins in if you're not even 40 yet!

juuule Sun 09-Aug-09 19:01:48

Oh definitely, if you're not even 40 yet.

dottyaboutstripes Mon 10-Aug-09 15:28:50

Hmmmm...I'll have to see what I can manage wink - though not entirely sure DH would be up for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now